[pianotech] Catastrophic Events While Tuning...

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Sat May 15 22:16:33 MDT 2010

  I wrote:
>I always wear glasses to tune, but has anybody ever really had blooddrawn by a breaking string?  (And I wonder why more older violinistsdon't have blind left eyes...)

Stan writes:

Considering the actual mass of a violin string and its (relative) stiffness, I don't think it likely to carry far enough to be a real danger.

I was thinking that a violin string doesn't have to go very far to harpoon the eyeball of the hapless string player that is trying to tune it on their shoulder!

Ed Foote RPT