[pianotech] What do you call this kind of action?

Alan Forsyth forsyth93 at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 31 10:31:48 MDT 2010

David Boyce (the man from Greenock) said;

"I think the Simplex action was something else.  I can't remember where I
have read this, and will need to look it up."

Perhaps you are thinking of the Simplex pneumatic action for player pianos?

"But every one I've played, feels as if there is something missing -and, of course, there is!"

Usually the missing element is the una corda; these actions normally have a half blow system.

AF
(from Glasgow... once a week)