[pianotech] what kind of action

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Wed Mar 31 09:10:48 MDT 2010

I'm pretty certain that action shown in the original post is the
Herrburger Brooks Spring & Loop grand action.

I looked very carefully at it and at the Herrburger Brooks action picture
that I posted to the list, and although they are facing opposite ways in
the pics, every part seems identical (as much as one can tell, given that
the Herrburger Brooks image is evidently an old catalog photo).

While there may be more than one successful way to make a piano action,
I've never encountered a Spring & Loop grand action that felt anywhere as
near as responsive as a full repetition lever action.

Best regards,

David Boyce