[pianotech] 2nd Bad Client in 10+ Years - Seeking Advice

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Tue Mar 23 14:17:57 MDT 2010

Interesting about schedule keeping.  I'm redoing my kitchen.  The granite counter top guy sheduled for 9:30 a.m. to measure.  He arrived at my door at 8:45.  My plumber had an 9:00 a.m. appointment and he called at 7:45 asking to arrive at 8 instead.  My electrician promised 8 - 8:15 a.m.  At noon I called and left a message for him, "Did you forget me?"  At 1 p.m. he returned my call, apologizing profusely.  He arrived at 1:30 waving a white hankerchief!  Thursday is the day for the counter install.  They called this afternoon asking if it would be possible to do it tomorrow, a day early.

Anything goes!

Personally, I call ahead and check with the client if I'm going to be more than 15 minutes early OR late.

Debbie L.
Rockport, MA

  From: Terry Farrell

  Or how 'bout the doctor - and YOU came to his place for that 1:45 appointment that didn't happen until 2:30!

   Kerry wrote:

    It boggles my mind that the plumber or cable installer can say, “I’ll be there between 8 and 12”, or even just “tomorrow…”, yet many people get bent out of shape when the piano technician is 15 minutes late. Many folks are understanding, and I always call if I’m going to be as much as a half-hour late, but it’s interesting that we’re held to a higher standard…I guess we’re spoiling them. ;-)