[pianotech] basic or full service

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 12 16:50:42 MST 2010

I'm about ready to charge a fixed fee, whether first or not.   Like many, it is based around time.   You know there is plenty of stuff that can be done if you have some extra time.   Pull the action, teflon the keybed & knuckles.   Adjust the damper upstop rail which is always too high..., rough in blow distance...getting the blow distance back to spec can make a huge difference in the way the piano feels.   I think we need to be spending more time per service call...quoting a higher fee is understandable (sometimes) if you mention the time of the service.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044