[pianotech] "premium" vs. price

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Wed Mar 10 18:25:05 MST 2010

I've had a few calls recently similar to one yesterday... after explaining
that "basic" tuning is x dollars and a pitch correction (a rough tuning to
get it close to correct pitch) is y dollars extra, "The piano's only out of
tune in the middle"  Mmm hmm, I see.

What term do others use to distinguish a fine tuning from a pitch
correction??  I always wonder if I'm getting my point across by saying
"basic" or "fine" or "regular", then immediately continuing into the "if
it's been a long time" spiel.

Or maybe I just need to charge x+y dollars and do the full-service thing,
and if it needs p/c then that's their fullness for that visit??  Especially
since many many many of these are first-time visits for me.

Thanks,
Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 2:53 PM, <wimblees at aol.com> wrote:
<snip>

> But when a customers calls to ask what I charge for a "tuning", most of
> them don't understand...

</snip>