[pianotech] hammer return noise

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Mon Mar 1 09:56:35 MST 2010

Gene,

Thanks for all the experimentation -- we're all learning from this.

I like the rep levers to be quite a bit tighter than the jacks --
about 1 gram for jacks, 4 to 6 grams for rep levers.  This friction
aids the spring strength, and might limit its travel (and hence "snap
back" return force) during reset.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM