[pianotech] hammer return noise

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Mon Mar 1 10:28:35 MST 2010

  Thanks for all the experimentation -- we're all learning from this.

  I like the rep levers to be quite a bit tighter than the jacks -- about 1 gram for jacks, 4 to 6 grams for rep levers.  This friction aids the spring strength, and might limit its travel (and hence "snap back" return force) during reset.

  Thanks Cy,
  My rep levers are all looser than you and others have suggested - about 3-4g but jacks are all 1-2g. I will be doing some repinning today.
  However, I can get this hammer return noise without raising the hammer far enough to trip the jack or get any contact with drop screw/rep lever or jack tail/regulating button.
  Gene