[pianotech] Pianodisc QuietTime

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Sat Jun 12 08:53:02 MDT 2010

I have installed this product numerous times.  I enjoy the challenge that it provides.  Careful planning is the key.  I find myself standing in front of the piano with the cabinet pieces removed, studying the placement of things for sometimes an hour before I actually get started.  The pivot support locations are the issues.  On quite a few Baldwins I've simply drilled a hole in the action bracket and used it as the support since there was no room for the supplied hardware and the bracket was in the way of the rod's placement anyway.  The end result was quite smart looking and worked very well.

3mm to 5mm of preload is the spec on the TFT strip.

After installing the mute rail, be sure to set the let off at 5mm.  This distance should be the point of contact with the rail.

After all is adjusted with the action, use the mylar strip to set the TFT strip's sensitivities.  Things like touch response curve from soft to loud, volume levels, and one other thing I can't think of right now are adjusted through software access.

Lar

Have any of you had positive experience with that ? Here in the Americas the
Pianodisc QuietTime with Piano Mute seem the obvious choice.