[pianotech] Tuning pin torque?!?!?

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 10:24:41 MST 2010

>The brand is irrelevant to the question. The question is a general question
about pin torque, not specific to one particular  brand. Thanks for your
inquiry. James.<

James - I'm curious as well. I believe the brand involved is a very relevant
issue. Some brands have a reputation for various issues related pin
tightness such as lack of torque, overly tight racheting pins, inconsistent
torque, sponginess, etc., while other brands are known for consistently
having good torque and smooth turning pins. Is the problem you're noticing
an anomaly, or is it par for the course? As David said, "Inquiring minds
want to know."

If you had posted on a car forum about an automobile having a problem with a
throttle that was sticking to the floor, causing unchecked acceleration,
wouldn't it be relevant to know whether it was a Toyota, or a Ford?   Chuck
Behm