[pianotech] Tuning pin torque?!?!?

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 24 11:05:08 MST 2010

Some time ago, I posted a complaint on this list about a particular
brand of piano, more like venting my frustration about the way that it
tuned.  Perhaps my post was not worded properly, but my post was picked
up by someone monitoring this list.  Somehow my comments had been
misunderstood to mean the pianos were untunable.  This was not what I
intended to say, but somebody thought that's what I meant.  Next thing I
know, my boss called me into the office. He called me every name in the
book.  I nearly lost my job and company the piano line.  I had to call
and apologize for my mistake to the distributor/manufacturer. Somehow,
my apology was accepted, and everything was forgotten.  I was told by my
boss that I could have been sued. Had I not mentioned the brand name,
nothing further would have happened. Since then, I'm very careful not to
mention names.  Be careful what you write on the internet.  It's out
there forever, somewhere.
	FWIW.
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego