[pianotech] Tuning in climate changes

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Tue Feb 23 17:15:12 MST 2010

David,

When I need my car serviced, I wouldn't take it to the first mechanic I called.  I would call several and make my informed decision, not strickly going to the cheapest.  I assume, though, the reason most people call other technicians is to get the cheapest rate.

The weather here has turned cooler (40's) from being warmer last week.  We have been having shifting spells of cool to warm weather of late.

She's had her appointment for a few weeks now.  She cancelled when I called her this morning to confirm her appointment.  My question was whether she was going to call on her own to cancel, because it sure didn't sound like it over phone!

She just got the piano, and there is no climate control system installed (t's an old upright).

As for asking her how much the other technician is charging, that is, frankly, none of my business, and I could care less.

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578
http://www.toddpianoworks.com