[pianotech] Tuning in climate changes

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Tue Feb 23 14:35:21 MST 2010

Matthew -
First, I would advise you to replace 's' with 'c' when spelling
'advice'.  Next, as others pointed out, why is she calling other
technicians?  Third: What is the weather like in Angleton?  Fourth:
is she using any protection? for the piano climate?  If so, it
shouldn't make much difference.  If not, it shouldn't make much
difference.  Fifth: How far in advance had you made the appointment
with her?   Sixth: When did the weather change?  Seven: Ask her to
check with the other technician as to what might be a better time to
tune, and then get back to you.  Eight: Ask her how much that
technician charges for tuning.

That would be a start.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY