[pianotech] Tuning in climate changes

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Tue Feb 23 11:32:54 MST 2010

The climate is not what makes a piano go out of tune. It's the local weather. Although there are seasonal changes, in any given week, or month, the temperature and humidity changes enough to throw off the tuning on all pianos.

Back in St. Louis, if all of my customers waited to have their pianos tuned until the weather changed, I would never have any work.

Give this client another call and explain the difference between climate and weather, and see if she's ready to have her piano tuned. If she still balks, chances are, she probably doesn't want to spend the money right now to have her piano tuned.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
94-505 Kealakaa Str.
Mililani, Oahu, HI  96789