[pianotech] Piano Puzzler

Paul M Foster anrebe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 07:43:59 MST 2010

Received this message this morning

Hi Andrew,

I put in for my PO for the Steinway. Also, I have a major problem with
my new piano. There is a loud clicking sound on the return hammers
after you play a note. As you push lightly on the key you hear a loud
clicking. It is on almost every key?? Is it the action?
Please let me know if you can swing by to evaluate the problem.

The patient is a new Bejing Hobart Cable ~5'6" grand.  All the typical
chinese piano problems.

I'll return later with what I find, my vote is foreign object, but,
all the keys?

Andrew Adnerson