[pianotech] Piano Puzzler

Stephen Grattan lostchordclinic at ameritech.net
Tue Feb 23 10:33:24 MST 2010

Hi Andrew,

Try tightening the hammer rest rail.

Steve Grattan
Lost Chord Clinic

________________________________
From: Paul M Foster <anrebe at gmail.com>
To: anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Sent: Tue, February 23, 2010 9:43:59 AM
Subject: [pianotech] Piano Puzzler

Received this message this morning

Hi Andrew,

I put in for my PO for the Steinway. Also, I have a major problem with my new piano. There is a loud clicking sound on the return hammers after you play a note. As you push lightly on the key you hear a loud clicking. It is on almost every key?? Is it the action?
Please let me know if you can swing by to evaluate the problem.

The patient is a new Bejing Hobart Cable ~5'6" grand.  All the typical chinese piano problems.

I'll return later with what I find, my vote is foreign object, but, all the keys?

Andrew Adnerson