[pianotech] Solution Found to Yamaha C6 Intermittent Key Problem

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Wed Feb 17 13:11:42 MST 2010

Clay,

Gmail does a very nice job of organizing posts from pianotech. For example,
your post, plus Andrew's response were grouped together into one line item
in my inbox, along with a notation "Clayton, Andrew (2)" (or somesuch). If I
had not deleted the other posts in the Yamaha C6 thread that you just
hijacked, they would also be in the mix with a (23) (or whatever) notation.
If I'm sick of a thread, I can just delete all current posts to it with two
clicks, even though there may be 12 new posts to it.

I've never observed gmail-like behavior in any email client (e.g. Outlook,
Thunderbird)... not to say there isn't any, though.

If you think the Yamaha C6 thread is overkill and you're just trying to
route it to junk (or are you routing ALL pianotech to junk?) then I see at
least two possible options for you:

   - Reconfigure your subscription such that you don't receive emails (but
   can still post), then pick and choose what you wish to read from
   http://ptg.org/pipermail/pianotech.php/
   - Get a gmail account and try it that way... either forward your current
   email to it, or reconfigure your pianotech subscription to use it

In many instances, having several posts is a good thing... there's an
immense amount of brainstorming -- and learning -- that goes on this way.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN