[pianotech] PIANO BAR TUNING

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sat Feb 13 07:55:08 MST 2010

This list is such a wonderful thing. Terry, your comments as one who also
tunes on cruise ships, carry a huge amount of weight. Ted, do what I've done
many times in the past, use Terry's comments and others in your
communication with the cruise people. It is normative for pianos in the bars
to go out more than the other pianos on the ship. It has nothing to do with
your tuning. When you tell people that you've communicated with other top
tuners around the country who also tune cruise ships who have identical
experiences it gives you credibility.

Having said that, go ahead and check the things mentioned. Make sure there
is no vent blowing on the piano or it's not in some drafty place. And
duplicate the environment before you tune: make sure all the lights are up
that are normally on during use for at least an hour or two before you
start.

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802

  _____