[pianotech] Hurray for Inverweld!

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Tue Feb 9 09:46:17 MST 2010

My customer, a piano teacher, called to say there was a problem with the
sustaining problem on her teaching piano.

She'd been scolding pupils for not pedalling properly and they protested
they were, then she discovered the pedal was defective.  And so it was,
snapped across at the hole for the pedal bolt.  I took it to a local
welding and fabrication company yesterday, and the guy MIG welded it
immediately, and wouldn't charge me!

(The brass pedal caps were slightly art deco and I preferred if possible
not to have to fit a new pedal and swap caps).

We had some discussion here recently about not doing work for free, and
it was noted that sometimes there's something to be gained by doing a
small "freebie".  So guess who I'm gonna recommend to any customer who
needs welding or metal fabrication work!  Thankyou Inverweld!

I went and bought them healthful snacks (fudge doughnuts) for lunchtime.

Best regards,

David Boyce.