[pianotech] tuning pin tightness

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 1 16:53:33 MST 2010

The third was a Shigeru Kawai.  That was their "dream" and the others were
what they could afford with the money left over.  I got my self a bit of
help today though.  I told the guy in charge that I could never guarantee a
really good tuning though I would do my best, and after two hours I had to
charge my regular shop rate for extra time.  He was quite agreeable to that,
so it will be ok. I went by the piano today as I took the invoice with an
"overage" which came close enough to covering the extra time that I won't be
quibbling.  I have been otherwise very pleased with the folks, and certainly
want to keep that customer. The other Estonia is quite tunable, and of
course the  Shigeru would be a dream to tune.

thanks for ideas.   They already know the company won't sell them a new
piano, and now I can do ok financially by it, so will just work very hard.

les b

  _____