[pianotech] repeat business

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 23 20:55:51 MDT 2010

You know, it all depends on the client, piano and location.  By location, I
mean, what state we reside in.humidity fluctuations.  Here, I can tune a
piano today and by next month (or sooner) it is already flat, or sharp, but
it is changing already because of the continual variations of temperature
and humidity.  Today, the RH was 48 %.  Last week when it was sweltering
hot, it was right around 80%.  Tuning yearly, which I do like, I find them
on pitch and close to being in tune but if it is a piano that is used often
then obviously, we need to tune it more often.

I like to say that " Michigan is a great place to live if you're a piano
tuner.   The weather changes so often that you're screwed no matter what.
Today it'll rain, tomorrow we need the heat turned on, the next day, the
A/C.."

Basically, I like at least a yearly tuning to keep screws tight, hammers
spaced and to catch other piddly crap before it turns into more serious
piddly crap.

Jer