[pianotech] OT: I'll bet you never heard this one before...

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 14 02:11:26 MDT 2010

To "modernize" old upright pianos used to be very trendy here in the 60´s. Many collegues did so. They cut away the legs, changed the cabinet style here and there and put on new veneer. So they changed beautyfull looking Jugendstil uprights into something that looked like a brand new 60´s piano. What a shame! Into the bargain, many rebuilder used a poor glue for the new veneer whith the result that the veneer came lose.

I see many of these pianos here. To be honest, my private piano at home is such a "modernized" beauty. Okay, it´s ugly, but it´s a very good Schiedmayer.

Gregor

piano technician - tuner - dealer
Münster, Germany
www.weldert.de