[pianotech] OT: I'll bet you never heard this one before...

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Aug 14 19:26:59 MDT 2010

Floyd,
 I worked for Wadley piano in Dallas in the late 70's and the late Brookin Wadley told me that after the war (2nd that is )  he would take the train to Chicago and buy uprights that had been repossessed during the depression. He described a warehouse full of pianos and they would give him slippers so he could  walk over the top and mark the ones he wanted. They would ship  them to Dallas on the train and he had a guy in Fort Worth that would "modernize" them with the mirrors and new legs etc for $15.00.
     Imagine  the Bush and Lanes , Krakauers , Masons , Mehlins etc that might have been available .
 Tom Driscoll