[pianotech] Grizzly 17" wood/metal bandsaw

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 21:52:20 MDT 2010

  On 8/10/2010 11:40 PM, Joseph Garrett wrote:

>  However, I wouldn't recommend Grizzly. Parts can be an issue and I've
> heard things in that regard. I'd settle for a good quality band saw,
> however. Cheap is not the way to go. You are correct to consider the
> band saw to be one of the major tools of a good rebuilding shop. I use
> mine practically every day. I would recommend the Powermatic brand.

Ditto...the motors and controls on these machines can't be relied on in
a day in day out setting, and the customer support for failed
electronics in my experience was non-existent, as in I had to eat it.
If its only going to get occasional light use maybe, but not for my $

Jim I

--
Jim Ialeggio
grandpianosolutions.com