[pianotech] Grizzly 17" wood/metal bandsaw

Bill Costanzo pnotuner at rochester.rr.com
Wed Aug 11 07:43:51 MDT 2010

I second Joe's opinions on cheap is not the way to go.  When I first started
putting my woodworking shop together I bought a lot of Grizzly tools based
on perceived reputation, I mean they advertise everywhere so people must be
happy with there tools, right? Well, a 3rd of what I bought had to returned
and replaced immediately because of manufacturing defects.  I also bought
their 14" "Ultimate band saw" with the riser package and within months of
using destroyed the quick tension release, replaced it with the Carter
system and it works ok now, but I wish it had a little more power. The last
tool I purchased from them (and ever will) was an air filtration unit. It
had the same specs as Delta and Jet but was about $100 cheaper. After about
13 months (one month out of warranty), it stopped working.  They sold me a
new Capacitor.didn't fix it, they sold me a new circuit board.didn't fix it,
and they wanted to sell me a new motor which was out of stock and would cost
me $100 when it came in. At that point I trashed it, and bought the Jet,
which I've been happy with ever since. My bottom line is; I will never but
from Grizzly again.

My motto is: but the best you can even if it hurts the wallet now, because
if you buy only what you can afford, it hurts a lot worse down the road.

Peace

Bill Costanzo

  _____