[pianotech] Simple repair - so why not done?

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 06:24:09 MDT 2010

I run into the idiot tooners here like that all the time. Weekly for sure.
Here's a no brainer for you.  Ran into a customer that had two "tooners"
cheaper end tuners of course that couldn't cure the problem on two sticking
keys.  Know what it was?  A piece of pencil lead that had gotten stuck
between two keys.  Like, duh!  It was stuck toward the back of the keys.
Guess they never thought of simply removing them and letting it drop down
beneath. Or, maybe, they couldn't figure out how to take them out.  Who
knows....  Then, just that fast, we become almost a savior or something
because we could fix it.

Ever notice those kinds of pianos are almost always crappy ones too?

Jer