[pianotech] Workload

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 31 18:37:33 MDT 2009

[Les] I'm going to send a set of measurements I did on a piano which I tune
every six months.  This is a specially fine piano, and special customer, but
the she is professional, a heavy-weight at Interlochen every summer, and an
accompanist for numerous schools.  What I'm wanting to know when people say
they are tuning 8-10 a day if these standards are applied.  I think this was
an accident, but not by much. Now I can't to more than two or three a day to
this level, but it is a standard toward which I strive.  I may have bad
hand-eye coordination, as try as I might I can't get a new customer piano in
less than 90 minutes, usually longer.  So what is the standard for 10 pianos
a day?  Below are the measurements:
[Les]
Overpull Measurements for YAMAHA,G3,Dooman.tun
Mon Apr 26 11:34:18 2004
Average measurement = -1.1 cents

A0     0.3
A#0    0.0