[pianotech] [Fwd: Working for manufacturers, was Re: Don't work for this manufacturer]

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 29 06:47:45 MDT 2009

One thing no-one has mentioned which is essential for getting paid
promptly by many businesses or institutions - your federal tax ID number.
I can't remember who it was I did my first big school job for, but after
waiting patiently for 30 days, I called to inquire about my payment, and
was told they couldn't pay me because they didn't have my W4 on file.
So now I ask any new institutional client it they need it when they're
authorizing the work, and it does help speed things up.

Mike