[pianotech] Stringing Case

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu Oct 29 05:25:03 MDT 2009

On 10/28/09, Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks at att.net> wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> I am ready to upgrade my current stringing case to something better.  The
> one I have now I purchased at home depot.  I carry all the sizes of plain
> wire and tools in it.  I have been unhappy with it since I got it, but has
> gotten me by.
>
> I would love to purchase a well designed case that has been proven as a
> sufficient case to carry strings and tools.

I don't know about "well designed", but my case works well for me.
Years ago I got a derelict double cornet case from an instrument
repair friend. I removed the divider and filled it with 15 1#
canisters plus some refills.  It has been the bottom layer on the
luggage carrier I schlep around campus ever since I was doing a
standby and the top A of the first chord of the Grieg Concerto went
BAM!

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
Luther College, 700 College Dr.,