[pianotech] Schwander grand jacks

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Wed Oct 28 12:48:02 MDT 2009

I have had to do the repair periodically.
Fishing line should do. I use stuff I got from the supply houses.
One piano in particular, they don't want to pay to have them all done, so I
have been going back for years, a service call each time.
So I recommend replacing them all, or at a minimum, give them all a test
pull, with say a crochet hook, and replace the ones that break.
If they just want one replaced, make sure that you note on the bill which
one, because sure as ****, if another one breaks, they will say it was the
one you fixed.
I drill out the old cord, and use a tooth pick and glue to wedge in the new
cord.
Watch that the loop is the same as the others.
John Ross,
Windsor, Nova Scotia