[pianotech] More on Action Cradles

Mike Kurta mkurta1 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 27 17:43:53 MDT 2009

    Hi Gang:
    I made two improvements on the standard tubular action cradle, especially the one with 4 legs.  To keep the legs tight, I inserted short, round dowels into the ends of the legs so they won't collapse inward as the set screws are tightened.  Second, to make it easy to push the cradle into my station wagon, I brazed two small casters on the bottom of both legs on one end.  Now I can push the action in and pull it out of the car easily without the legs digging into the carpet.
    Mike Kurta