[pianotech] Don't work for this manufacturer

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Tue Oct 27 07:39:02 MDT 2009

Greetings,

     Yes. Perhaps I spake too soon!!!
Julia
Reading, PA

In a message dated 10/27/2009 8:33:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pianotuner9932 at sbcglobal.net writes:

Hi List,

I don't usually reply to situations like this, but the original posting by
Wim was, in my opinion, completely out of line. I don't do work directly for
Samick, so I can't comment on their timeliness, but it is totally out of
place on this list to suggest a public boycott.

Incidentally, a reply from Jane Jones, for some reason, went to my spam
folder, so perhaps other techs have not seen it.

I have had difficulty with several manufacturers as far as getting proper
replacement parts, orders lost, or "gray area" warranty questions resolved.
It is part of the business. No particular maker is completely immune to this
type of problem.

So, either learn to deal with it, or don't do any work on these pianos.
Just don't post it in this manner on the Pianotech List.

Scott Nelson

--- On Tue, 10/27/09, Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft