[pianotech] Finger Cymbal Sounds Answer

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Fri Oct 23 16:19:51 MDT 2009

Steven,

If you mute out the duplex it tends to kill the sound when you get a ways away from the piano, so I generally wouldn't do that. Sounds like there are other problems here. But here is something that has been very good for me the last few years; Scott Jones "String Couplers" placed on the duplex and "tuned" to the root or P5th make it much better. I used to mute them out, then I dabbed glue to basically couple them, then I tried the couplers. Very good results. Much better than muting. You might try it.

Regards,
Jim Busby