[pianotech] sticking key

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 18:13:47 MDT 2009

Yeah .. friction! If this a Korean vintage "Wurlitzer" the various center
pins are highly suspect (plating flaking or otherwise reacting with the
felt); reaming/repinning is the only proper repair (lubricants may get you
out the door but you'll have a call-back for sure). Basically, without the
damper lever's extra weight the problems in the action are jumping out,
simple friction, or more complicated stuff like action geometry, expanding
brackets, & such.