[pianotech] Yamaha vs. Kawaii

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Thu Oct 15 17:01:36 MDT 2009

Steven

The best advice I can give you is the same advice I give all my customers who are in the market for a new piano. As you know, every piano has a different touch, tone, and cabinetry, even within the same brand and model. So I advice my customers to play as many different pianos they want, and pick the one that has the tone, touch and cabinetry they like. When they have found that piano, they should then look at the price tag and see if they can afford it.

In your customer's situation, it might take them several weeks before they can play several different brands in places as far away as Dallas or Austin. If they are serious about what they want, it will be well worth it their time and effort. They might wind up with a Yamaha from the store in Midland, but they might also find a Mason, or Estonia, or who knows what, in some other place. With sales as slow as they are, stores are very anxious the make it worth a customer's time and effort, including free delivery to Midland.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician

94-505 Kealakaa Str.

Mililani, Oahu, HI  96789