[pianotech] Yamaha vs. Kawaii

Steven Hopp hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 15 15:46:32 MDT 2009

Hello list,

I have a client who is a student of mine and their son plays quite well.  They are ready to make an investement in a small grand.  They are planning to spend around $25K.  We have a Yamaha dealer in town but no Kawaii dealer close by.  So I see a great deal of Yamaha pianos in my tech work but very few (good quality) Kawaii's.

I am wondering if those who are experienced with both brands, especially the action and touchweight, where the preferences lie and why you feel that way.

With appreciation,

Steven Hopp

Midland, TX

PianoWorks Studio