[pianotech] New shop lighting and accessories

barbara at pitchperfectpianos.com barbara at pitchperfectpianos.com
Wed Oct 14 12:49:32 MDT 2009

Thank you, everyone for your responses and wonderful advice for how to light and construct my new shop. Right now, I only have a desk, some shelves and a pegboard with a few tools. My husband and his dad are going to install the wiring for the lights and electrical outlets some time within the next month. (That should be interesting <grin>).

I'll definitely be drawing up a blueprint and will probably have some help with that as we hire a contractor to frame out the walls and put up the insulation and drywall to section out the basement.  The additional suggestions about the sound-proofing, rubberized floors, sockets on the ceilings, etc. were all great tidbits of advice I never would have thought of until it's too late.

Thanks again to everyone for your input.  It's a blessing to have such great group of experienced technicians willing to selflessly share their knowledge to help another fellow colleague.

Barbara Nobbe, RPT
Pitch Perfect
859-489-4793
barbara at pitchperfectpianos.com