[pianotech] New shop lighting and accessories

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 13 18:09:35 MDT 2009

Walk out basements are great--I have one, too. I have two spaces, the laundry/furnace room and and part of the garage (basement level). In both places I have 8' fluorescent fixtures. The newer ones are the skinny tubes. In fact, I just had a garage makeover (if that's what you want to call it). The garage, though it is just a single, extends the depth of the house (front to back, ranch style house). So, I hired some guys to remove the 2x4/plywood shelves--which just caught stuff so I could put off making a decision on what to do with it--and had slatwall put up (don't worry, there are other shelves). Now along the back wall I have my wall o'tools. The dust collector is in the corner and I'm trying to decide how to hookup my various power tools to it---the DustRight connect/disconnect system I saw on Rocker.com, or should I connect it all up and use a bunch of blast gates. Right now it's just a hassle to connect and disconnect the stuff--but at least the tools are all in place now and I don't have to shift a billion things to get to them.

I also have adjustable incandescent clamp on lights of various kinds and a floor lamp to use as needed.

This has been a big project. I haven't been very well organized in the past, so it's taken some time to sort things out and figure out where everything would go. I am sure happy with the results.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois