[pianotech] Size 2 pins

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Sun Oct 11 16:25:47 MDT 2009

‘cause   J

Greg Newell

Greg's Piano Forté

www.gregspianoforte.com

216-226-3791 (office)

216-470-8634 (mobile)

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Chuck Behm
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:39 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: [pianotech] Size 2 pins

Ok - After reading your endless opinions about beckets, I have a trivia
question that has bugged me for years. Why are size 2 pins that I buy from
Schaff .282 in diameter, and not .281? Look at the sequence for pins - .276,
.282, .286, .291, .296, .301. Size 2 should be .281, shouldn't it? Why isn't
it?  Please give an answer that makes sense, someone.  Chuck Behm