[pianotech] Size 2 pins

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Oct 8 21:09:08 MDT 2009

Chuck Behm wrote:
> Ok - After reading your endless opinions about beckets, I have a trivia
> question that has bugged me for years. Why are size 2 pins that I buy
> from Schaff .282 in diameter, and not .281? Look at the sequence for
> pins - .276, .282, .286, .291, .296, .301. Size 2 should be .281,
> shouldn't it? Why isn't it?  Please give an answer that makes sense,
> someone.  Chuck Behm

Being the most popular size, they have a slightly inflated
opinion of themselves as a result?

In other words, I have no idea. A top shelf, first rate, worth
a beer category sort of question though.

Safe too. Odds are you won't have fifteen people explaining to
you how to make tuning pins. Maybe.
Ron N