[pianotech] Strike Point

George F Emerson pianoguru at cox.net
Thu Oct 8 01:32:18 MDT 2009

RonN wrote:
> I'm told it's a casting shrinkage thing, where the Vbar isn't where it
> should be. Whatever.

It's common practice these day to make the Vbar oversized, and machine it
down on CNC machinery.  I'm fairly confident that casting shrinkage is a
non-issue, and the Vbar is right where I said it should be.  I'm just not so
sure that where I said it should be is really where it ought to be.

> Sorry, I know that doesn't help, but that's what I've got.
Oh, but it does help .... food for thought.

Frank Emerson