[pianotech] Beckets

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Oct 7 10:38:28 MDT 2009

David Skolnik wrote:
  > Boy, am I in trouble.

Why does everything have to be so pointlessly complicated?
It's extremely simple, like me, and stuff everyone who's been
reading the list for any length of time ought to be familiar
with. I'll try again. The pinblock can be drilled at the angle
necessary to achieve a pin/string angle that doesn't make
tight coils difficult to achieve, while having the BOTTOM of
the coil end up at the height you personally require for
whatever reason REGARDLESS of whether there are 4, 3, or 1-1/2
coils on the pin. The number of coils you choose doesn't
itself preclude any of the above. That's it. All other
observations and obfuscatory diversions are beyond the scope
of this statement.
Ron N