[pianotech] Pin-Tite

Keith McGavern kam544 at allegiance.tv
Tue Oct 6 03:56:15 MDT 2009

On Oct 5, 2009, at 10:56 PM, Pierre Pouliot wrote:

> A couple times I was not able to have CA penetrate the pin bushing.
> Perhaps
> I had the wrong brand of CA.

CA thin will penetrate the pin bushing. Anything thicker, no way.

>  I'm wondering why not drill a small hole in the bushings to appliy
> the cure directly to the pinblock.  Did not tried so far.  Someone
> did ?
> With CA or pintite or both?

I did, once, long ago, to apply Garfields (similar to Pintite in
purpose).
Quite honestly, I don't remember the results, but only remember I
didn't continue that practice after that one time.

However, with the advent of CA thin, those other substances have
become, for all practical purposes, obsolete in my usage.

Keith