[pianotech] nose bolt cap nuts

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Sun Oct 4 10:35:35 MDT 2009

David and Tom (back-to-bed) Driscoll,

Thanks for the help guys.  I just remeasured, and it looks more likely that
these are 8mm x 1.25tpi.  I guess I didn't do my research fully enough.  I
just pulled out the imperial measurements, and everything seemed to fit.
Machine shop stuff isn't my forte, so I didn't suspect anything out the
ordinary with a 5/16" x 20tpi.  I am now a little better educated.  Thanks.
So, if anyone has three 8mm x 1.25tpi nose bolt nuts that would accomodate
about a 3/8" projection through the plate.......

William R. Monroe