[pianotech] Young Chang & Weber Grands: Action Clicking/Knocking Upon Quick Key Release

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 4 04:53:58 MDT 2009

Young Chang & Weber Grands: Action Clicking/Knocking Upon Quick Key ReleasePaul
I've found that the knuckle core is many times the culprit. Try taking a voicing needle and really break up the knuckle material. Go right through the leather into the core and see if that doesn't make a difference.
There's a balancing act with knuckles being firm enough for good escapement. If the knuckle gets too hard, then the percussive sounds appears.
Tom Servinsky