[pianotech] D5 damper problem on a Wurlitzer grand (1962)

Qshooterq at aol.com Qshooterq at aol.com
Fri Oct 2 22:17:09 MDT 2009

I visited the Wurlitzer factory in DeKalb, Illinois in 1962.   I'm sure
that the Korean versions came later.   The 1960's was the golden era for tight
flanges by Wurlitzer and Baldwin. The spinets and consoles often had this
problem, they both recommended the methanol/water mixture 3 to one in favor of
methanol.   It always worked for me, except for the overly tight flanges.

 ---Tom Gorley