[pianotech] Fwd: Erwins key dip gauge

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Feb 28 04:37:24 PST 2009

Hi Dale...

I thought I answered this already... perhaps I misunderstand exactly
what your question is.  After bedding and leveling, I use a standard 10
mm key dip block to do a rough setting of key dip, then do as good a
regulation as I can, then refine key dip to achieve as even an
aftertouch as I can. I like to double check letoff-drop and jack/rep-arm
orientation as I go along in this aftertouch refinement. Sometimes a
small adjustment in one of those is whats called for instead of a slight
change in the dip.

I dont actually "measure" per se as I think I understand your query at
all.  Perhaps if you described what YOU do I might better understand
what you are getting at.

Cheers
RicB

    Ric
    Ok, Good points. I was waiting for the answer but...ok... where &
    How do YOU measure key dip?
    Hmm
    Dale