[pianotech] regulation tool : too wide

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 25 16:36:59 PST 2009

Grind it down to the right size.   When doing the regulation, you want neighbor hammer shank up and out of the way so you can see down at the jack.  Tip the jack back with your right hand fingers (that isn't holding the tool), pushing down the neighbors rep lever a bit.  the jack screw is in lower position and more accessible to your fat tool.   A head lamp helps.   Consider that you are leaning over looking from the side to line up the jack/knuckle.
David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044