[pianotech] ot teflon

Marc Lanthier (Piano Lanco) info at pianolanco.com
Wed Feb 25 08:21:51 PST 2009

Teflon in its polymerized state (ie. plastic form) is completely inert. It's
when it is heated and decomposes or when it is found in very small
particulate, that it becomes dangerous.

Also, teflon is also used as coating over the mesh of a surgical stent for
angioplasty.

So I would not worry about touching but I would weat a mask if it's in dust
form.

Marc Lanthier