[pianotech] ot teflon

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 07:54:59 PST 2009

I've heard for years that Teflon pans were bad for us. They are all right
(from what I hear) as long as they are not heated beyond a certain point.
(Or the Teflon coating gets scratched off by using metal utensils.) After
that point, it starts to flake off.  As long as they are not used above
medium heat, the teflon stays on.  Supposedly, anyway.
There are no teflon pans in my house. Or aluminum either, which are also
suspect.  Just stainless and cast iron.

--
JF